Jun 6, 2016
Your health and fitness may be in need of an overhaul and here are the tell tale signs...
We all know that health and fitness is extremely important so why do so many of us do so little about it?
Most of us want to be healthier but we have a fear of what it takes to change
We either think 'I'm not fit enough to go to the gym' or 'I like my food to much to diet' when firstly the not fit enough argument is ridiculous (like seriously ridiculous) because if you don't start how can you change? Secondly you shouldn't diet...yeah you heard right you shouldn't diet. What you should do is follow a plan that allows you to enjoy your favourite foods while still losing fat and improving your health.
That can't be done though? I beg to differ as this is what we allow the men of BLS to do and we still get results 100% of the time!!!
So maybe it's not only a time for a health and fitness overhaul but an overhaul in your thinking towards it too...
Here are 6 signs your health and fitness needs an overhaul
1. Even light activity leaves your breathless - If climbing a small flight of stairs is leaving you breathless, or 5 minutes of chasing the kids around has you gasping for air then it's not looking good. These are everyday day activities you should be able to do with ease and shouldn't be a struggle. Two things I hear time and time again is 'I want to be a good role model for my kids' and 'I want to be able to keep up with my kids' and the good thing is these can be huge motivators when it comes to overhauling your health and fitness so use it to your advantage
2. You feel low on energy and weak - Did you know from as early as 30 your testosterone is dropping? That in turn will have an effect of your muscle mass and strength which is a huge contributing factor when it comes to gaining body fat. Without doing something to actively combat this the only way is down. Now you can't stop the ageing process but you can slow it down considerably with the right exercise. Ok you may not be and feel as strong as you did in your 20s but you sure can come close and maintain your masculinity
3. Your nutrition is terrible - Here is what it looks like for most guys... It starts with a very poor breakfast and thats if you even have one, an on the go lunch that involves the stores latest meal deal, little water intake, little to no veg and minimal protein. Everyone has an excuse when it comes to nutrition but really you need to realise that their are better choices no matter how busy you are. A little bit of prep goes a long way here and it will have a huge effect on your energy, focus and health once you start fuelling your body properly
4. Your sleep is poor - You should be getting at least 7 hours sleep a night and that's without interruption. Without this you will feel sluggish and your stress levels will rise again contributing to fat storage. This usually creates a downwards spiral, how on earth can you fire on all cylinders if you aren't properly rested? Your motivation for exercise and activity will be low and you'll be likely to turn to the quick fix energy boosts that again damage your health further.
5. Your waist is getting bigger - If your waist is on the up then you are increasing your risk of many diseases and illnesses. Now stop and think if thats what is going on on the outside imagine what is happening on the inside. It's the fat you can't see that sits around your organs that will literally kill you so sometimes even if the waist hasn't gotten that much bigger you can still be at risk. The good news is that this is a lifestyle thing that can be reversed with a few habit changes like the ones we advise at BLS
6. You're stiff as hell - Ever feel like you can barely move? Everything feels tight, your back and knees ache and you're putting this down to getting older. Well it's less to do with getting older and more to do with how inactive you are. Health and fitness isn't just about looking better and being fitter but about moving better too. Again a little goes a long way here, 5-10 minutes of stretching a day can get you moving so much better. When you move better you move more and thats going to be a good thing on your waistline and your health.
Nearly every guy I speak to will start the conversation with 'I used to...'
I used to be slim, I used to play lots of sport, I used to go to the gym every day, I used to get away with eating what i wanted. My advice is stop thinking you can't change because you don't have the time for the things you used to do
Lots of things get in the way and unfortunately we normally just don't have the time to invest into ourselves like we used to but that shouldn't mean you do nothing about it and let your health and fitness just become a losing battle
What you need to do is be effective and efficient when it comes to your health and fitness. Most of your problems can be reversed with lifestyle changes and you can make a huge difference physically with as little as 3 hours a week exercise.
At BLS we cut the fluff and get down to business, we do the things that matter most and we do them well.
If you think it's time for an overhaul and time to start investing in yourself then get in touch my clicking the apply today button top right, once you have applied we can discuss where you are right now and what we can do to help you get where you want to be .
"It starts with you..."
FINALLY READY TO MAKE THE JUMP AND MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE?
Then welcome to Studio Fit, its a pleasure to meet you :-)